Tuesday 10 June 2014

Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum (22%) - Review

Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum (22%)- Review


Rum Info:

Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum
On my recent visit to Spain, I stumbled across a particular bottle of rum. Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum! I first spotted this bottle in a Supermercat (i.e. Spanish for Supermarket) and it immediately caught my attention. I managed to grab a bottle at the duty free in Girona, if the price is to go by at €8.90 I was a bit sceptical as to whether or not this rum would be any good. Based on the bottle description, Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum is made with sugar cane alcohol and honey, resulting in a 'sensational exotic drink'. You can tell when the marketing team has got their hands onto something. Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum is made in Spain, "elaborate en Espana". So to summarise it's cheap and Spanish, I guess thats's a good start if you're looking for a bit of fun… but I'm not so sure about when it comes to rum?

I think it's about time to pour myself a glass…

Description:

The rum has a fresh smell of bubble gum, yes bubble gum! Like the ones you get in a roll, Hubba Bubba Bubble Tape! Oh and it tastes like bubble gum too! This is a very sweet rum and with only 22% alcohol (low for a real Rum). I think you will catch diabetes before you get drunk, or even taste rum.

It's too sweet for my pallet. I couldn't see myself drinking much of this, even less likely with our patented coke with three limes.

come to think of it I know exactly what this rum is like: Flossy's. Cheap, Spanish and smells like Bubble Gum. If you don't know what Flossy's are, they are Spanish plimsolls that come in a variety of different colours (See my personal collection below). I assume they get their name from the smell, Bubble Gum/ Candy Floss. Well when you first get them that is… However, most importantly, they are extremely comfortable. At about the same price as the Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum I think I know what I would rather buy. Anyone out there with the same opinion, would love to hear your thoughts on the matter.
Flossy's Rainbow

Serving Suggestion:

According to the bottle the best serving suggestion is with coke, lemon juice or Pina Colada mix. However you would have to be mental to have it as a base spirit. or just obsessed with sugar. This drink needs a lot of sour citrus to combat the sweet taste. its best chance is as a flavouring to a Tiki cocktail or create a Honey Mint Julep. Shot and a half (37.5ml) of good aged rum (suggest Diplomatico Añejo), 1/2 shot (12.5ml) of Ron Miel Tobacco Honey Rum, dash gimme and 10 pressed mint leaves. Stir the above gradually in a Boston Tin with ice then poor over crushed ice into a Julep cup or rocks glass.

Rating:

1 out of 5 Limes

(try to) Enjoy!

Created by: O.W. Lodge


No comments:

Post a Comment